Success. Success. Success. We all dream of it. We all have days when we can taste it, and others where it seems to elude us, but one of the most exciting things about being an entrepreneur is the journey. And on that journey we want to be by your side, sharing what we can to help inspire you.
“It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” ― J.K. Rowling
Today we have 5 more habits of highly successful people, designed to help you achieve your goals. Check out the first 5 habits of top entrepreneurs.
Five more habits to help bring success
Considering the 80/20 rule and ‘what would this look like if it were easy’ in terms of:
- Get up early – nearly 50% of self-made millionaires get out of bed at least 3 hours before their work day starts. This little nugget of gold comes from a man named Tom Corley, who studied the daily habits of self-made millionaires and shares his findings in his best-selling book Change Your Habits, Change Your Life. In fact us Brand Brigaders swear by this habit – Emma gets up at 5am every day. She does 20 minutes of meditation, 20 minutes of exercise and 20 minutes of reading and planning her day, before she gets stuck into the work. A great way to explore this concept is through Robin Sharma’s inspiring book The 5am Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life. This book literally changed Emma’s life.
- Read, read, read – knowledge is power. Isn’t that what they say? The more you read, the more diverse opinions, facts and important life lessons you learn so you can navigate the world with confidence and understanding.
- Exercise every day – yep you heard right, every day. It doesn’t need to be more than 20 minutes, but what’s most important is the consistency. Richard Branson gets up at 5am every day to play tennis or bike. Exercise gets your blood moving through your body – more oxygen, greater focus, greater productivity.
- Surround yourself with people that inspire you – we are the sum of the five people we surround ourselves with. So best you choose your inner circle carefully. Choose to spend your time with people who you can learn from, who push you to grow, who make you want to reach for the stars and most importantly, who believe in you.
- Create multiple income streams – self-made millionaires create multiple revenue streams. They don’t just rely on one source of income. Diversifying sources of income allows you to weather the economic downturns. So think about what your second and third income source could be. Can you get yourself an investment property? Is a share portfolio the answer for you? Can you create an evergreen product that provides a regular extra source of income? Perhaps start reading the biographies of self-made business people, to spark some ideas.
And if you have any success tips of your own, we would love to hear from you.
Jodie + Em xx